Hello and welcome to the Information Station!
This site serves as a guiding hand to all who are seeking the path of enlightenment -- or are just looking for information to various Neopets features and events. Featured here are links to all kinds of places on the Neopets website. Suggestions, questions, and comments are always welcome, and can be sent to me directly via email.
Getting Started -- General Help & FAQs
Neopets.com Help Section, Neopets.com "Getting Started" Tutorial, So You Need a Guide, Saudor's Index of Neopets Guides, Neo-Netiquette, Loyal User Perks
Worried about Cookie Grabbers or exploits? Read this!
Been gone for a while and just came back? Catch up on all the new stuff!
The Rules & Getting Frozen
These are things that the Neopets staff, aka "TNT," expects us to read over and obey. These are their terms, their rules. If you are caught breaking them, you will have your account frozen and be booted off Neopets!
Read first: Chat Rules, Terms and Conditions, Terms and Conditions FAQ, Wall of Shame, Safety Tips, Account Security
Self-freezing link: Warning! Use this only if you want to close the account you are currently logged into! Go here if you are sure you want to do this.
Been frozen? This guide may help.
Things to do Daily (aka "Dailies"), Freebies, and other Goodies
FREE FOOD for your pets:
- Soup Kitchen - The gracious Soup Faerie always makes sure that a plentiful supply of soup is available for poor, hungry pets. Note: You can only feed your pets if you have less than 3,000 Neopoints total in your possession (bank and shop till!).
- Giant Omelette - (Once daily) Get a free omelette here. At certain times, the omelette is gone -- simply come back later.
- Giant Jelly - go to www . neopets . com / jelly / jelly . phtml - (Once daily) Get a free jelly here. At certain times, the jelly is gone -- simply come back later. Note: some pets don't like the 'odd' jellies, such as dung, etc., so feed with caution!
- Movie Central - (Once daily) Feed each pet a snack.
FREE things you can do every day to earn neopoints and items:
- Bank - (Once daily) The interest on your bank account can be collected. Make sure you do it BEFORE depositing or withdrawing any neopoints.
- Shop Till - If you run a shop, remember to check your till periodically to collect the NPs you've earned for stuff you've sold!
- Fruit Machine - (Once daily) Every day you can get one free spin, if the first two fruits match you win a prize. If all three fruits match you win a really big prize!
- Coltzan's Shrine - (Twice Daily) Here you can anything from neopoints to items to increased abilities and/or levels for your active pet. You can visit once every 12 hours. (guide)
- Tombola - (Once daily) Here you get a chance for prizes.
- Snowager's Cave - (Periodic) You can gain a free item from the Snowager. Careful, you could get blasted! The Snowager sleeps during the following times (NST): 6:00-7:00 am, 2:00-3:00 pm, 10:00-11:00 pm. (avatar chance / guide)
- Healing Springs - (Periodic) Get your pets healed here for free, from diseases to Snowager blasts and any other ailments. You can visit once every 30-40 minutes. If your pet is not fully healed at first, keep revisiting!
- The Discarded Magical Blue Grundo Plushie of Prosperity - Visit this poor lonely plushie and you may be rewarded with toys or NPs.
- Money Tree: You can snag free goodies here donated by kind Neopians. But be careful ... if you get greedy, the tree won't let you snag anything else for the rest of the day!
- Grumpy King - (Twice daily) Results are random, but you could win items and/or neopoints. (avatar chance)
- Wise King - (Once daily) Results are random, but you could win items and/or neopoints.
- Shop of Offers - (Once daily) You get 50 or 100 Neopoints by finding and clicking on this quickly-moving slorg.
- Symol Hole - (Once daily) Rumor has it that if you let your petpet go down there, it will bring back goodies! Chances may be greater that if you have a Symol you'll get something, but other petpets have found treasure there too! (avatar chance)
- Island Mystic - (Once daily) Funny haiku quips from the Mystery Island Mystic. (avatar chance)
- Haiku Generator - (Once daily) Funny haiku quips from the Haiku Keeper. (avatar chance)
- Turmaculus - (Once daily) Try to wake this giant petpet. Wake up times are random. Turmaculus may reward you with items, or even bless your neopet. (avatar chance / guides: 1, 2, 3)
- Meridell Rubbish Dump - (Periodic) Sometimes you'll get the chance to grab a freebie here.
- Neopian Second-Hand Shoppe - (Periodic) Sometimes all you find is dung, and then other times you could find real treasure!
- Igloo Garage Sale - (Periodic) Sometimes you can find good buys for cheap here!
- Almost Abandoned Attic - (Periodic) Sometimes you can find good buys for cheap here! (guide)
- Underwater Fishing - (Once daily) Cast your line and you might get a tasty goodie! You get one chance per pet everyday! (avatar chance / guide)
- Deserted Tomb - (Once daily) Are you brave enough to journey to the center of this tomb? If so, you may be rewarded with treasure! (avatar chance)
- Daily Puzzle - (Once daily) Solve the puzzle correctly and you could win a few NPs. (guides: 1, 2)
- Faerie Crossword- (Once daily) Solve the puzzle correctly and you could win a few NPs. (avatar chance / 1, 2)
- Lunar Temple - (Once daily) If you solve the calendar correctly, the wise old Gnorbu will give you a prize! (guide)
- Altador - (Once daily) If you solved the Altador plot, come here to get a daily freebie.
- Apple Bobbing - (Once daily) Looks easy right? You can get a daily freebie here. (avatar chance / guide)
- Grave Danger - (Once daily) Send your petpet in ... to certain danger or a free goodie?
- Qasalan Expellibox - (Once daily) This game could earn you a few NPs or a free item.
- Crashed Meteor - (Once per hour until an item is received, one item daily) If you poke it with a stick, there's a chance you could be rewarded!
- Weltrude's Toy Chest - (Once daily) Take a peek in here and you may find an item or some NPs!
- Mysterious Negg Cave - (Once daily) You might find something interesting here.
- Anchor Management - (Once daily) Take a peek here and you might find something nice. (stats guide)
- Gears/Worms - (Once daily) What do they do? What secrets do they hold? Only one way to find out! (guides: 1, 2)
- Kiko Pop - (Once daily) Pop a balloon, win a prize!
- Forgotten Shore - (Once daily) - You have to have the map first, but you can get a free goodie every day once you do.
If you have access to the Secret Laboratory, be sure to visit and zap your pet every day! If you also have access to the Petpet Laboratory, do the same with your petpet. :)
- Freebies - Once per month, you can get 2,000 Neopoints and free food for each of your pets.
- Advent Calendar - During the month of December only, you can visit the Advent Calendar to gain free goodies!
The following activities are NOT FREE, but worth doing every day (at your own risk of course).
Spin that Wheel!
Games of Chance:
Keep in mind that these will most likely be timed! Quests by random events are not timed, see more info about those here.
- Illusen the Earth Faerie - (Once daily) Complete 20 quests and you are rewarded with a nifty avatar. Cannot complete a quest if you have already done one for Jhudora. (avatar chance)
- Jhudora the Dark Faerie- (Once daily) Complete 20 quests and you are rewarded with a nifty avatar. Cannot complete a quest if you have already done one for Illusen. (avatar chance)
- Taelia the Snow Faerie - These quests could get expensive and the prizes are random. Try your luck, you may end up with something valuable! (avatar chance)
- Mystery Island Kitchen - Help hunt for the missing ingredients and you may be rewarded with something special.
- Edna's Tower - Help hunt for the missing ingredients to her spells and you may be rewarded with a special treat. (avatar chance)
- Brain Tree - He thirsts for knowledge. To find the answers to his riddles, feed the Esophagor twice.
Caring for your Pets
Feeding Your Pet - All about Food, Guide to Grooming Products in Neopia
- Do not feed your Kryii apples.
- Do not feed your Quiggle any food with the word 'cream' in it.
- A Grarrl will eat non-food items in your inventory if hungry, so keep him/her very well fed!
- Feed your Kau pet milk to fill it up.
- Feed your Pteri any food with the word 'worm' in it to fill it up and cure any disease.
- Do not feed your Tonu neggs.
If you are intentionally trying to give your pet a disease:
- Poisonous Jelly -- Neomonia
- Poisonous Lollypop -- Floppy Tongue
- Rotten Omelette -- Ugga Ugga
- Poison darts -- Cricky Neck
- Mysterious Hemlock Darts -- Bloaty Belly
- Malice Potion -- Blurry Vision
- Glowing Jelly -- Blurry Vision
- Ferocious Negg -- Random Disease
- Poisonous Mushroom -- Neopox
Training Your Pet / Status and Level Changes
To raise your pet's stats, the main way is via the training schools on Krawk Island and Mystery Island. Doing so can increase your pet's Level, Strength, Defense, Endurance (HP), and Speed.
Levels: The Swashbuckling Academy on Krawk Island only takes Neopets up to level 40. The Mystery Island Training School however, will take pets up to level 250. After reaching level 250, your pet will have to go elsewhere to train.
Payment: The Swashbuckling Academy on Krawk Island takes dubloons. The Mystery Island Training School takes codestones.
Another training guide to help you along your way: Keep It Straightforwardly Simple Training
Mood levels: To keep your pet happy, try one or all of the following:
- Petpet Battle game (10 wins)
- Turmaculus (random)
- SymolHole (rare)
- Petpet Lab Ray (random)
Note: a petpet's level has NO effect on anything except the Petpet Battle game.
When you buy or find a bottled faerie, you can set it free -- in return, the faerie can bless your pet with special abilities. You can access your pet's abilities page here. You can see some of the available abilities here.
The most common types of faeries you'll run across and the abilities they will grant are:
- Air Faerie - grants abilities from the sphere of air - powers such as invisibility, haste or flight.
- Earth Faerie - grants powers such as toughened skin, the ability to magically create food or burrow into the ground.
- Fire Faerie - grants many battle magics.
- Water Faerie - grants healing and defensive powers that will protect your pet from harm.
- Light Faerie - grants holy powers such as bless and restore.
- Dark Faerie - grants evil abilities include creating darkness, draining life and vision at night.
Making Neopoints Guides
QQmachi's 100k/Daily Neopoints Guide, Lobster's Guide to Making Neopoints, Who Wants to Be a Neo-Millionaire?, Slow Internet NPs Guide, Smile's Tips on Making Neopoints, Guide to Becoming a Millionaire, Free Neopoints! A how-to guide by QI, Become Neo-Millionare in about a month and a half, 15K in 15 Minutes, 30k a Day Guide, Becca's Rainy Day NP Making Guide
Secret Avatars, Pachebel's PackRat Avatar List, Safety Deposit Box Avatar, Avatar Help, The Avatar Game Guide, Stevo's Avatar Guide, Slorg Queen's Avatar Help, Auto's Avatar Help, Transmorphis' Secret Avatar Guide
See also: NP Concert Schedule for avatar band play dates.
Sidebar themes are a way to make browsing the Neopets site more enjoyable. Many of the ones released so far required involvement in previous plots (sad for us who missed them!), but there are a few that are attainable by other methods.
By default, each Neopets user has:
- Neopets Basic
- Neopets Yellow
- Neopets Red
- Neopets Blue
- Neopets Green
Other sidebars are:
- Happy Birthday - SPECIAL - This theme is automatically available on two days: your birthday (listed when you signed up for Neopets) and on Neopets' birthday, November 15th.
- Premium - AVAILABLE - This theme is awarded to Premium members who refer 5 people to Premium Neopets. Note: referrals must stay after the 2 week trial period to get this theme!
- Valentine's Day - AVAILABLE - This theme is awarded to users who send or receive a 'Mysterious Valentines Card' on February 14. Note: once you send the card, it's gone!
- Haunted Woods - AVAILABLE - Originally awarded to winners of the first Random Contest, this theme is available as a Random Event between 11:55 PM - 12:00 AM NST on October 31st.
- Altador Constellations - AVAILABLE - Given for completing the Altador Plot. To get this theme, visit the Council Chamber once you've finished the plot.
- Neopets Purple - AVAILABLE - This theme is available by visiting the lookup of any purple pet which has a purple petpet. To get this theme, visit here.
- Winter Holiday - CLOSED - This theme was available as a random event to members that visited the Advent Calendar on the day it was released.
- Curse of Maraqua - CLOSED - Given to those who fought or were supporters in the Curse of Maraqua plot. To get his theme, here.
- Qasalan - CLOSED - Given to those who participated in the Lost Desert (Qasalan) Plot. To get this theme, visit the prize shop.
- Tale of Woe - CLOSED - Given to those who participated in the Tale of Woe Plot. To get this theme, visit Sophie's Shack.
- Cyodrake's Gaze - CLOSED - Given for making at least two correct answers in the Cyodrake's Gaze plot. To get this theme, visit here.
- Altador Cup - CLOSED - If you participated in the Altador Cup and earned at least one point, you can visit the prize shop to get this theme.
- Petpet Protection League - CLOSED - If you participated in the Petpet protection League mini-plot, this was one of the prizes.
- The Return Of Dr. Sloth - CLOSED - If you participated in the Return Of Dr. Sloth plot, this was one of the prizes.
- Faeries' Ruin - CLOSED - Given to those who participated in the Faeries' Ruin Plot. To get this theme, visit the prize shop.
- Puzzle Adventure - UNKNOWN - You had to complete the video game Neopets: Puzzle Adventure to get this theme. I do not know if this is still available.
To change your sidebar, simply set it in your Site Preferences.
Things that Paint, Color, and Change Your Pet and Petpet
Neopets.com Changing Your Neopet's Appearance FAQ, Rainbow Fountain FAQ, The Rainbow Fountain: Mystery Solved, The Paintorium (formerly Paint Brush Library), The Paint Brush Tree, Emroza's PB Guide, Bobbie's Paint Brush Listing and Price Guide
The Secret Laboratory, a.k.a. Lab Ray:
There are two: one for pets and one for petpets. Each requires all 9 pieces of its map ('Secret Laboratory Map' and 'Petpet Laboratory Map' respectively) to be collected before you can access it.
Note: You CAN NOT use the Petpet Lab unless you have access to the Secret Lab first!
What the Secret Lab WILL NOT do:
- Paint your pet ANY of these colors: Pirate, Baby, Plushie, Usuki, Quiguki, and Royal
- Increase your pet's intelligence
- Decrease your pet's max hitpoints
What the Secret Lab CAN DO:
- Paint your pet any of these colors: Alien, Chocolate, Ice, Clay, Sponge, Coconut, Custard, Garlic, Jelly, Mallow, MSP, Robot, Snot
- Paint your Chia any color exclusive to its species
What the Petpet Lab CAN DO:
- Paint your petpet any of these EXCLUSIVE colors: Strawberry, Jelly, Chocolate, Gold
See also: b1oody's Lab Ray FAQ, Jerringston's Lab FAQ, The Petpet Lab Ray FAQ, Maps, Maps and More Maps!, Dekasin's Lab Map Guide (prices!)
Transmogrification: Guide to Transmogrification, Another Guide to Transmogrification Potions
Pet Clothing / Customization / Wearables
Many wearable items are only available through the NC Mall, but there have been quite a few things that you can now acquire via the shops, Trade Post, and auctions! :)
The Neopets Closet, Wearable Frequently Asked Questions Guide, Cross Painted Pets and Paintbrush Clothing Guide, Wearable Backgrounds
See also: Customisation Pet Program Guide, NC Mall Catalogue
Cleo's Quest Help, The Quests Help Guide, What You Need to Know about Quests, Your Guide to Faerie Quests, The Rainbow Fountain: Mystery Solved, Fyoralicious: Your Ultimate Guide to Queen Fyora
Brain Tree Quests/Answers: Feed the Esophagor twice!
Quick and Gritty Faerie Quest Info:
- Air Faerie will raise your pet's speed for a grooming/beauty item.
- Earth Faerie will feed your pet for a magic item. (Expensive!)
- Dark Faerie will raise your pet's life/endurance (HP's) for a toy.
- Fire Faerie will raise your pet's strength for a clothing item.
- Light Faerie will raise your pet's level for a collectable/trading card.
- Space Faerie will raise your pet's level for a furniture item.
- Water Faerie will raise your pet's defense for a book.
- Faerie Queen will raise your pet's level by one and will raise its strength and life/endurance by three for a rare/random item. (Can be expensive!)
- Rainbow Faerie will allow you to color one pet at the Rainbow Pool for a rare/random item. (Rarest of all faerie quests! Count on it to be expensive!)
To request help finding a item: post to the Neopets Quest boards. In your post, state the complete name of the item you need and wait patiently ... someone will answer you within 2-5 minutes! (usually less, but don't bump your post ... few people reply to posts if they see replies!!)
Remember your manners!!! If someone helps you out in the boards, say 'please' and 'thank you' ... nobody has to help you, but they do so out of the goodness of their heart. Show your appreciation for their hard work!
See also: Faerie Quest Item List
All Games: Laura's Mirror Game Guide, Complete Game Guides, The Trophy Room, LeeAcara1's Game Guides, The AV Game Guide, Daxo's Game Guides, Kreative's Game Guides, Slim's Codes
See also: Game Ratios, Hard to Find Games, Moderately Easy Trophies
Defenders of Neopia / Battledome: Battledome Help, One Player Battledome Chart, Battle without Spending a Fortune, The Ultimate Guide to Battledome Challengers, Underfrog of the Battledome, A Battledome Set for Every Budget, Weaponpedia
Specific Challengers: How to beat the Ghost Lupe
NOTE: Because the games have changed so much, I have decided not to list guides for every single game. The "All Games" links above can direct you to your desired guide, how-to, tutorial, etc.
Hard to Find Pets
Lilic's Krawk Guide, How to: Getting Draiks and Krawks, Rishi's Limited Edition and Restricted Pet Guide, The MSP Corner
The following are considered Limited Edition pets: Chomby, Cybunny, Draik, Hissi, Jetsam, Kiko, Koi, Krawk, Lutari, Poogle, Tonu,
Sometimes for certain pet days, TNT will release Limited Edition pets:
Tonu Day: February 21st
Chomby Day: March 22nd
Lutari Day: April 19th
Cybunny Day: April 27th
Hissi Day: May 4th
Koi Day: May 25th
Kiko Day: July 17th
Poogle Day: September 19th
Jetsam Day: October 16th
Note: Draiks and Krawks are never released.
Help / Administration:
Neopets.com Guild Help page, Guide to a Successful Guild, Serennoking's Guild Owning Guide, Diggerzy's Guild "How To" Guide, The Directory Guild Resources
Guild Layout Help:
Bejeweled Guild Tutorials, Personalize Your Layouts: Guild layouts, Julie's Guild Layouts, Full Page Guild Layout Tutorials
Adoptions / NP Pound / Transferring Pets
If the age of your account is younger than 4 months:
- You can adopt and receive via transfer pets that are not Limited Edition.
- You will only be able to adopt the following colors: Pink, Purple, Invisible, Checkered, (Basics), Brown, Glowing, Orange, Shadow, Silver, Skunk, Speckled, Split, and White.
- You will only be able to adopt Level 1 or 2 pets.
- You will not be able to transfer a pet.
- To abandon a pet it costs 250 NPs.
- To transfer a pet it costs 1,000 NPs.
- To receive a transfer pet and to adopt a pet is based on this formula: (Strength # + Defense # + Movement # + 60) multiplied by Level #
Adoption Agencies: There's a nice directory here. Keep in mind that TNT has stated that Adoption Agencies aren't allowed to require petpage applications anymore.
See also: Londer's Guide to Adopting
Neopets Premium Service
Leto's Premium FAQ, The Premium Constitution, LeenaLu's Premium FAQ
See also: Giladriel's Guide to Charter
Neopets Coloring Pages
It's a little known secret ... these make a WONDERFUL distraction for my little one who loves Neopets and coloring. Great for days when I have to work from home or when I need to bring my little one with me to the office! :)
See also: Faerieland Coloring Game
Pet and Petpet Directories
Pets: Blaze_Burner's Painted Pets Directory
Petpets: Petpets Directory, Petpets: A Pictionary & History
Other Directories & Index Sites
Specifics: The Neopian Gallery Index, Find a Laugh: Screenies Directory, Kat & Jazzie's Plot Directory, Stores of Neopia Directory, The Collectables Directory: Stamps, Shells, Coins, etc., The List Library, Orofane's Cheap Book Guide, Azzy's 5k-or-Less Book List
Recommended Reading: Certified Fan Sites, The 'I Want Answers' Directory, SunnyNeo / Mindless Invalid, So You Need a Guide, JubbyJubJack's Guide to Neopia, Where in Neopia ... ?, Guides Galore, Echelon HQ, SearchNeo, Angel's Directory, Vivid: Community Dashboard, Dragon's Lair, The Shelf Directory, Daily Neopet Clicks
Coding & Design
CSS & HTML: Neopets.com HTML Guides, Common Coding Mistakes (NP Code Filters), CSS Guide, Filter Solutions, Deathwinks, Al's HTML/CSS Help, Wizzney's Help Page, Sebastian's HTML Help, FlameIceWater's Guide to Gallery Tables, Day's CSS Codes, Darkest Faerie Lair, CSS Basics, Tables Help
Color Guides: DoodleBop's Colour Guide, NeoColors
Graphics / Design Help: Screenie/Image Guide, How to Put Avatars in Your Lookup, Adding Patterns to Layouts
Layouts & Lookups
Do-It-Yourself: If you want to learn to 'do it yourself' I suggest the following how-to's and tutorials:
Premades: I have decided not to update this part of the section because most who request links to premades usually want something very specific. This is how I search for things:
- Go to Google.
- You will need to search for sites located on the Neopets domain so type in site:neopets.com followed by a space
- Now you need to make sure the only results are Neopets petpages, so add the phrase got their homepage enclosed in quotation marks.
- Now add another space and type in whatever specifics you want, enclosing the phrase in quotes. For example, if you are looking for a premade featuring the band Green Day, type in Green Day (Hint: put phrases in quotes!)
It's pretty easy and you can search for just about anything this way!