NOTE: This page is archived and is no longer updated, so there may be broken links. In other words, click at your own peril!
8th and 9th March
6th March - Gelert Day
- We are logging everybody off the site for security reasons. You will be asked *once* to put your
username and password back in - so don't worry :)
- NEW GAME - Yes, Petpet Rescue has been
launched!! You play Samuel the Scorchio, and your aim is to rescue as many petpets as possible from
the evil ruby mines of Gargrall the Grarrl! UPDATE - We fixed the broken front page link
and tripled the Neopoints you can earn from this game!
- Neopets in Australia
Good news if you live in Australia you can now buy Pocket Neopets in Toys R Us, Target, and K-Mart.
The voice activated pets are also on their way there and should be on sale shortly.
- Today's Pet Spotlight award goes to
a white Elephante called Yuigoneo.
- The Scratchcard Kiosk is now in the games room.
- If you are looking for something inexpensive, yet practical for your Neohome, you are
going to love this new Plain White Toilet. On sale in the
Furniture Shop now :)
- Now in the auctions you can click the Scorchio Auctioneer to refresh the page (just like shops!)
- There are five new Poems with a Gadgadsbogen theme on
- The six cocktails in the Gadgadsbogen Puzzle
have now been released in the Tropical Food shop!
- We have a new Mystery Pic today. The answer to the
last one was 'The Games Room Header'.
- A NEW CLUE has been released!!! Do YOU
have enough to solve our puzzle yet??? (if you do we most probably made a mistake along the way hehe)
I'm the luckiest explorer alive!
- Two new Neggs have been seen hanging around the Neggery -
The Cracked Negg and Ferocious Negg!
- Muhahahahah - we have made the Gadgadsbogen Puzzle
35 times harder. We now want to know which cocktails they drank too! On a happier note,
the second clue has been released.
- A new Caption Contest has just begun and rather unsurprisingly it
features a Gelert :)
- We had a problem with some of the game scores not being stored in your user lookup, this
has been fixed now.
- The multi-player tournaments and Plushie Tycoon have just been restarted for the month!
- Happy Gelert Day everyone! We are starting off the celebrations with a
Gelert day special in the Art Gallery.
- We have a new Better Than You today, featuring
a new character - Borri the Wizard. Can you beat him at Grand Theft Ummagine?
I prefer the title 'Archmage' myself!
- Some new Gelert Day poems have been added to the Poetry Gallery.
- The new Uni T-Shirt will be available on 99dogs.com starting this
Saturday, March 8th. The Shadow Aisha T-Shirt currently available
at 99Dogs will no longer be available as of this date! Click
- Today's Site Spotlight award goes to
Buttercup730 and ChibiLoyali for the ChibiLoyali the Gelert's Island Luau.
- The Battle
and Defence Magic
shops now have two super powerful Gelert battledome items - the Plush Gelert Collar and Gelert Throwing Bone.
- Gelerts now have three new Battledome Abilities -
Gelert Slide and
Gelert Crescent Kick!
- Now you Neopet can become even smarter with these new Gelert themed
books, on sale at the
Book Shop now.
- Gelerts can now be painted Orange and Striped at the
- For some bizarre reason, Grumpy Old King didn't have
a high-score table! It does now!
- The Bakery,
and Chocolate Factory
have some new Gelert day treats on sale.
- Kind old Cap'n Threelegs will be giving free swashbuckling lessons to any Gelert that
goes to his Swashbuckling Academy.
4th March - Gadgadsbogen
- THE AMAZING GADGADSBOGEN PUZZLE is here!!!! Over the next few days we will be running
a logic puzzle (like Usurper) on the site, based on the famous Gadgadsbogen party! It's going to be very hard,
and will involve a lot of thinking and searching around on the site, but the prizes are going to be
out of this world! Click here now!!!
Wish you were here!
- Today's Petpet Spotlight award goes to
a spotted Sludgy called Cookie Dough.
- Remember Gelert Day is coming soon, so don't forget to send in those Gelert
- Take your Reptillior to the Petpet Puddle
and you can now paint it Pink, Cloud, Yellow and Blue!
- We just added a new Neopedia article -
Trickster Llugh and the Legend of Gadgadsbogen.
- NEW GAME - Refresh the news page and see if you can get three grass skirts of the same
colour!!! If you do, you don't actually win anything, but still, it's something to do
while you wait for the new Darigan plot :)
- In honour of Gadgadsbogen, six coloured Grass Skirts are now on sale in the
Tiki Tack shop!
- Congratulations to Snow_princess909, she is the winner of this week's
Gallery Spotlight with her tropical themed shop -
- The Pics page is now protected from the evil
right mouse button! This is intended to stop people copying other people's art and re-submitting
- Yay! Six new wonderous tropical fruits have been discovered on Mystery Island - rush to the
Tropical Food Shop
now to sample them for yourself.
- We have a new Mystery Pic today! The answer to the
last one was 'The Nimmo Happy Birthday Greeting' (update - the image is working now!)
- The Shield of Pion Troect is the latest addition to the
- We have doubled the amount of NP you earn from each play of
Grand Theft Ummagine!!!
- Ages ago we ran a Which Petpet Am I? Quiz, but it was broken due to a bug in the code.
Now you can have another go by clicking here. Will you
be kind and affectionate like a Harris, or timid, and scared of the dark like a Kadoatie?? There
is only one way to find out!
- From now on, the prize for Pics is going
to be 10,000 NP as opposed to 1,000.
- Now, in any of the Neopian Shops, you can click the Shopkeeper to refresh the shop
(it's faster that way and doesnt reload all the images).
- MERCHANDISE NEWS - Two new sticker packs and a notebook will be appearing on the shelves
of a Limited Too near you later
- Congratulations to everyone that won last week's Beauty Contest. If you
weren't lucky enough to be voted number one, why not try again? A new contest has just begun.
- There are some new pictures in the
Art Gallery today.
- We just added some Poems for Uni Day!
- What is this? This cute little creature has been seen flying around Meridell... Maybe this means things
are starting to look brighter for King Skarl and his people...
- Test your creative writing skills with this week's Storytelling Contest.
- A new Caption Contest has just begun. Think of something
witty (and not too offensive to chias) and you could win something very nice.
- Make your Neohome bathroom the highlight of your house with these rather impressive snazzy
- Today's Pet Spotlight award goes to
Furious_Dunkin the Uni.
- Sorry, we had a few problems with the Battledome
over the weekend. These have been straightened out now!